Arch. Myriam B. Mahiques Curriculum Vitae

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A visit to the Getty Center in Los Angeles


Hi, this is me at the Getty Center Museum in Los Angeles, I went to see DaVinci´s great drawings for sculptures´ studies. I´m happy I had this opportunity. It´s my second time I go to the Getty Center, and though many architects say Meier made the Museum like his houses, I really enjoy the wonderful views of the city, the landscape and mountains. 

Of course I was not allowed to take pictures of Da Vinci´s exhibition but, for the first time in my life, I had permission to take pictures of other exhibitions, without flash, of course. I had the nice surprise to see Urban Panoramas, from which I recommend the work of Soo Kim and the exhibition Building the Medieval World: Architecture in Illuminated Manuscripts. There is also an exhibition of French Arts and Crafts, from 1500-1700. As you can see, any architect would enjoy this season at the Getty Center.
For more info
I´m the author of the following pictures, please ask for permission if you want to reproduce any of them.
The beautiful cactus garden.



Safe Creative
#1004266111318
What is the art of Illumination?
http://theclubofcompulsivereaders.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-is-art-of-illumination.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails